Since March 2023, Vanessa Vivian Wabitsch from Circonnact has had the honor of supporting the implementation of the Destination regeneration plan by Whidbey and Camano Islands Tourism, Washington State, USA as Regenerative Tourism Lead with the Transformational Travel Council.
In 2022, Whidbey and Camano Island Tourism started their journey to develop future-fit islands by regenerative development by tourism. They joined the Destination Regeneration program by the Transformational Travel Council as early adopters and developed the destination regeneration plan “EMBRACE – A Vision and Approach to our Desired Future for Whidbey and Camano Islands”.
What does it take to bring the destination regeneration plan to life?
- People who are motivated to implement the vision and plan
- Very good collaboration and relationships among the team and with community members and other stakeholders
- Strategy implementation plan and tools to enable self-organized co-work, coherent and effective processes
- Capacity building, training, and co-design with the local community
- Creativity, presence, aligned action.
We work on all of these aspects and are excited to support the pioneers to take the bold step and create the desired future for their place with the regenerative approach.
Interested in learning more and how you can develop your desired future by regenerative tourism, innovation, and leadership? Contact Vanessa Vivian Wabitsch via vanessa (at) circonnact.world .